Poker Paid For

Saturday, December 16, 2006

22

Poker:

Good day yesterday.

I still made a few mistakes but I ended up in profit. I lost a buyin with a hand I thought I had good odds to call and after analysing it with more time I realised I was only like 20% to win when the money went in vs his hand. I out him on an overpair to which im like 49% to win and good for my image so I dont think its a really bad play. Not 100% sure though.

Hand 1

Hand 2 I should have been able to let this go, I mean I had a pretty good feeling he had AA.I think I would have gotten away if I didn't have the spade draw.

Hand 3 is a good example of playing an opponent based on their image and your image.I had been involved in a few pots with this giy and had 3 bet him a few times too so he thought I was messing. Thats why I played it so fast.

No more eventful hands really. I moved back to Poker.ie and it seems to be going well. I think I was playing alot better yesterday. I tightened up and stopped trying to force the action. Looking forward to a good day today.

Life:
Bah Humbug!!!

I am not in the christmas spirit at all. I went ot get a tree yesterday at the closest place to my apt that sells them. Its 1.5 MILES away. So I get there and they are cheap enough so I ask about delivery, No dice.

I go out and ask a few cabs at the taxi rank if they will take a tree and they say very politely. Fuck off, no fucking way. Decision time here. So I make a choice, here my gf whining about how christmas here sucks blah blah blah or carry tree 1.5 miles home. I choose the latter. So I find a nice tree, a little 6 footer which still is a big ish heavy tree. So I proceed to carry it out of the mall, and start walking home to the apt. Just me and my tree. After about 10 mins/ .5 miles I decide to get into the christmas spirit and I start to whistle christmas songs when all of a sudden it starts to rain. Yes Raining carrying a christmas tree 1.5 miles.

Lets just say that I was not too happy about this but I laughed it off and continued. I eventually get the tree back to the apt and I have to say it looks great. It will really make christmas.

I went to this free christmas concert in the park yesterday evening. It was kinda cool but korny. Everyone had candles and were carroling etc. Still enjoyable.

We got the cable TV upgraded the other day adn we got a few more channels. Now I dont have to go to the pub to watch the football games. I can sit on the couch and have a beer. so natrually while doing this yesterday I fell asleep. typical.

Anyway. I just started a session and am down 1.75 buyins, Got to make that up now.

2 Comments:

  • Hey,

    Found your blog on CR and thought I would say hi! Blogs are a good way to keep an honest check on one's self. I like you short and long term goals. Just remember, a goal with out a plan is just dream. Anywho, check out my blog if you get a chance. Feel free to comment! Best of luck to you!

    Jon

    By Blogger Jon Miller's $50,000 Poker Challenge, At 11:38 PM  

  • AND.............yeah hand 2 you can easily get away from! Even if the spade comes you could be dead. Trust your reads. You put him on AA to start with, than go with it! Keep up the good work!

    Later,

    By Blogger Jon Miller's $50,000 Poker Challenge, At 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home