Poker Paid For

Thursday, December 07, 2006

15

Oh its on like Donley Kong BIACH.

I have had enough of loosing. I am really focused, Motivated, Determined and I am going to get through this. I have gotten to a point where I was semi depressed with poker and just didnt want to play, I could see busto looming but now I know thats not going to happen. I am feeling posotive and if the beats keep coming, I'll keep taking them until my luck swings.

I dont want to speak too early but Im back or atleast my A game is. I am still taking some amount of beats and 2 outers etc, but I played really well today even though I started with a 2 buyin loss, I turned it around and made about $200 ish today. I rarely played more than 2 tables and when I did it was only due to changing tables.I made some good reads and some good lays. Overall I am very pleased with the way I played and my disipline. Disipline is a huge part of poker and so is controlling your emotions. When in a rut you have to know that it will end and dont make stupid moves just because.

I moved to UB for a change of scenery. Poker.ie has some great rakeback but I have just had a few too many beats there and need to look at something different for a few days.


Here are a few hands from the last 2 days. The good and the bad.

Hand 1
I was a little thrown off by the overbet and this guy was a bit of a miniac. I figured he had a good A and wanted to make it appear he was bluffing. Heads up, 2 pair is usually a pretty good hand. Not this time though.

Hand 2
I cant see why he called PF for that size bet first off. second, What did he put me on to call the flop bet. I had to check that down cos he was not going away if I kept betting. Maybe I should have shoved the flop.

Hand 3
This was the very next hand and I wanted it to look like I was steaming and just pushed with Garbage. It worked and Varience reared its ugly head again.

Hand 4
This was just an ugly hand by me. I really didnt see him limping with QJ and I didnt think he had a 5. I probably should have layed this as he is not going to dothis with AJ or lower and he would have raised most hands that I beat. Bad Call

Hand 4

Another Beat, He had JJ

Hand 5
I really like the way i played this hand and this is a prime example of playing your opponent. He had a very high agression factor so I check called the turn hoping to make it look like I was drawing. The overbet was to look like I had missed and was stealing. It worked. He reraise me with K4o.

Back to the tables.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home