Poker Paid For

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

4

4

Life:
I took 3 days straight off poker to do a few things and keep my game sharp. I went to see U2 who were fantastic. Great gig, the atmosphere was great and the crowd really got into the mood of the concert. U2 are always great and I think the only way that they would have been better if I was at home. we got really close to the front cos we got there pretty early. It was too much effort to keep going out to get beers so we didnt have that many. Some hippie dude was trying to get up the front and we could here him about 5 people behind us and he was saying " I just have to get up there to my mate in the red t-shirt" So we take no notice of him and he starts shouting out Jeff, Jeff. I think who is he talking to cos I see nobody in a red shirt except me and then the penny dropped, He was using me as a decoy to get further up the front. Lets just say that people were lookin at me going " your mate aint comin any closer". That was funny.

Weather has been rubbish again so no surf or beach but I had a relaxing few days. It seems like it is taking forever to get money out of neteller. really annoying.

Poker:
The week started really slow, swingy sessions but I always finished where I started. 2 days playing and I was up $6. Pittyful.

Then on friday I had a stormer and won like 7 buyins. That was nice even though I had a few hands which just wouldnt go my way and I started to get really frustrated. The only bonus is that I still have a very good control of tilting. I dont do it, simle as that. I have only ever tilted twice. I got stacked when my set got cracked adn the next hand I got stacked again with AQs TPTK. And one other ill timed bluff.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?614815.

For some reason that I cant figure out Pokertracker is not recording any of my hands so I cant see exactly how many hands I've played and how much i've won but its about 12 buyins. That includes about 3 via rakeback. I am playing well but not fantastic, I am making some small mistakes but lukily they are only in small pots.

My BR is quite well so while playing 2 tables of $.50/$1 I am playing a $1/$2 table aswell and I seem to be doing very well there. i know I can beat that game and if I had another income aswell as poker I'd be there killing it. I am thinking of getting a temp job for christmas so I can grow my roll cos I am in a difficult spot right now of making enough to survive but not enough to increase stakes. I am taking a risky line by playing some $1/2 but It needs to happen. I found that I am playing more passively and tight on those tables .

I stacked someone who was semi deep, we each had 300 ish and that was a lovely feeling.It was my biggest pot to date( that I won) by about $10.

Next post will be some goals. Small and larger.


Good luck at the tables.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home